GPS NAVIGATION & SAFETY
- Exit Tours MC uses Ride With GPS for mapping and tracks.
- Ride With GPS Club Membership is Included with Exit Tours Club Membership.
- GPS Tracks will be Emailed
- Ride with GPS is compatible with most GPS units.
- Ride with GPS works with I-Phone and Andriod phones, even off-line.
- Ride with GPS has offline maps for your Android or I Phone, Voice navigation and you can download all Loops with one click.
- GPS Tracks, Maps and cue sheet links are emailed to all participants before a ride.
See the ORANGE LINKS for more Features and Info on RIDE with GPS
Features below are available to Exit Tours Club members on Club rides with Ride with GPS
- Get spoken turn-by-turn directions for loops using the Ride with GPS signature voice navigation feature.
- No data? No problem! You can record rides without a data connection and download routes to navigate while offline.
- You can download all the routes associated with the event with one tap rather than having to select each route individually.
- Ride with GPS will show you how to start navigation and demonstrate what to expect while riding.
- Plan on adventuring into an area with limited or no cell-phone network ?
- Learn how to navigate your route with the OFFLINE MAPS feature where you can pre-download the route and map tiles before heading out.
- Adventure into an area with limited or no cell-phone network ?
- You can navigate your route with the OFFLINE MAPS feature where you pre-download the route and map tiles before heading out.
- Powerful tools require some know how. Ride with GPS has created an extensive library of help articles to assist you in getting the most out of Ride with GPS.
- Make sure you turn off the always North orientation and set your phone to stay on.
- A way to charge your phone from your battery is highly recommended.
USE A TABLET or PHONE AS YOUR GPS UNIT ?
- Can a tablet be used as a navigation device on a motorcycle?
- Yes it can, but with some caveats.
- While it may not be the perfect solution, it is indeed a solution…and a pretty economical one at that.
- Screen size is just right, with lots of hi-res real estate for mapand info displays available with less scrolling required compared to standard GPS devices.
No Cell Connection Needed: Off-Line Motorcycle GPS
- This article entitled “Using a Tablet as a Motorcycle GPS” is pretty good.
- It details how you can use a smartphone or a relatively inexpensive tablet as a widescreen GPS device on your motorcycle, saving hundreds of dollars off the cost of a dedicated Garmin or GPS unit.
- In fact, the movement from dedicated GPS units to smartphone- or tablet-based GPS is picking up steam, although where it will all end is still to be determined.
The Perfect Squeeze Phone & Tablet Mount
Rock-Solid phone/tablet Mount
- The Big Squeeze and the Prefect Squeeze are designed with one objective in mind: Hold any device in any terrain. And by hold we mean hold steady, without wobble, without constant readjustments.
- Just rock-solid holding power for folks who need to read their map while skipping through whoops or getting rattled over nasty washboard.
- It will hold everything from a small phone to a full-sized iPad and doesn’t need any sort of special case to do it.
We own a Perfect Squeeze, and after trying others on the market, we can Attest, this is the best, most solid and reliable phone mount on the market.
SAFETY BEYOND CELLULAR
SPOT-X 2-WAY SATELLITE MESSAGING DEVICE
SPOT-X is 2-way satellite messaging device with an onboard backlit QWERTY keyboard and GPS location tracking.
Direct communication with emergency services and Social media linking in one portable, lightweight device.
- SPOT X provides affordable, off-the-grid messaging and tracking.
- Direct connection to the Emergency Coordination Center
- SPOT has triggered over 6,000 rescues around the globe within the last ten years.
- With SPOT X, users can better communicate during their adventures with 2-way satellite messaging to keep in touch with family and friends,
- Communicate if necessary with emergency personnel.
- SPOT X provides users with a unique, personal mobile number that allows either party to initiate conversations at any time.
SPOT X is lightweight and easy-to-use:
- Illuminated QWERTY key board
- 2.7” backlit display
- U.S. mobile number
- Rechargeable Lithium battery
- Dust and waterproof rated hardware
- 2-Way Satellite Messaging: Send and receive messages and short emails with family, friends or colleagues beyond cellular.
- S.O.S.: Emergency notification and direct 2-way message communication
- 24/7 Search and Rescue services through the Emergency Response Coordination Center in the event of a life-threatening emergency.
- GPS Tracking: Waypoints tracked via Google Maps at intervals of 2.5, 5, 10, 30 or 60 minutes.
- Check In: Users can let contacts know they are “OK” with the push of a single button.
- Post to Social: Link to Facebook and Twitter accounts to share adventures with followers.
- Navigation: Built-in compass and programmable waypoints.
- Keyboard: Easy to use illuminated QWERTY keyboard that is usable in any light setting.
- Battery Life: SPOT X has a rechargeable battery averaging a battery life of 10 days when tracking in tracking 10 minute intervals.
SPOT X Specifications:
- Length: 6.54”
- Width: 2.9”
- Thickness: 1.75”
- Weight: 7.0 oz