GPS NAVIGATION & SAFETY
The Las Vegas 300 is an Unguided Dual Sport ride using Ride with GPS Phone compatible GPS Tracks
- There are no course markings.
- Exit Tours MC uses Ride With GPS for mapping and tracks.
- Ride With GPS Club Membership is Included with Exit Tours Club Membership.
- GPS Tracks will be Emailed.
- Ride with GPS is compatible with most GPS units.
- There is a GPX Link on every route.
- Ride with GPS works with I-Phone and Andriod phones, even off-line.
- Ride with GPS has offline maps for your Android or I Phone, Voice navigation and you can download all Loops with one click.
- GPS Tracks, Maps and cue sheet links are emailed to all participants before a ride.
If your concerned about your phone on your Handlebars, you can use an Old Phone.
- Old Phones GPS tracking will work without a Contract.
- Use Wifi and and your Email Address to set-up your Old Phone.
To Set Your Phone Up:
- Download the App
- We suggest putting the App on your home screen.
- RSVP with your email address and an easy to remember Password to the RWGPS link we will have emailed.
- Go to Events on the Club Page.
- Open the Las Vegas 300.
- Open any Loop on your phone.
- Got to settings:
- Set your phone for Handlebar mode, ‘always on’ and do not Lock orientation.
See the ORANGE LINKS for more Features and Info on RIDE with GPS.
Features below are available to Exit Tours Club members on Club rides with Ride with GPS.
- Get spoken turn-by-turn directions for loops using the Ride with GPS signature voice navigation feature.
- No data? No problem! You can record rides without a data connection and download routes to navigate while offline.
- You can download all the routes associated with the event with one tap rather than having to select each route individually.
- Ride with GPS will show you how to start navigation and demonstrate what to expect while riding.
- Plan on adventuring into an area with limited or no cell-phone network ?
- Learn how to navigate your route with the OFFLINE MAPS feature where you can pre-download the route and map tiles before heading out.
- Adventure into an area with limited or no cell-phone network ?
- You can navigate your route with the OFFLINE MAPS feature where you pre-download the route and map tiles before heading out.
- Powerful tools require some know how.
- Ride with GPS has created an extensive library of help articles to assist you in getting the most out of Ride with GPS.
Make sure you turn off the always North orientation and set your phone to stay on.
- A way to hold and charge your phone from your battery is required.
- Voice Nav with Blue Tooth to an earplug works well and will alert you to upcoming turns.
The Perfect Squeeze Phone & Tablet Mount
Rock-Solid phone/tablet Mount
- The Big Squeeze and the Prefect Squeeze are designed with one objective in mind: Hold any device in any terrain. And by hold we mean hold steady, without wobble, without constant readjustments.
- Just rock-solid holding power for folks who need to read their map while skipping through whoops or getting rattled over nasty washboard.
- It will hold everything from a small phone to a full-sized iPad and doesn’t need any sort of special case to do it.
- We like the Perfect Squeeze with a RAM Mount
We own a Perfect Squeeze, and after trying others on the market, we can Attest, this is the best, most solid and reliable phone mount on the market.
SAFETY BEYOND CELLULAR
SPOT-X is 2-way satellite messaging device with an onboard backlit QWERTY keyboard and GPS location tracking.
Direct communication with emergency services and Social media linking in one portable, lightweight device.
- SPOT X provides affordable, off-the-grid messaging and tracking.
- Direct connection to the Emergency Coordination Center.
SPOT X is lightweight and easy-to-use.