FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED?
A sense of adventure and common sense.
The Las Vegas 300 is a DUAL SPORT & ADVENTURE RIDE
- The Las Vegas 300 is a 2 day non-competitive ride that consists of as much dirt and the least amount of pavement as possible.
- The ride is intended for street-legal, plated, insured, quiet motorcycles that are capable of being ridden on dirt roads, two-track, jeep roads, singletrack trails and pavement.
- Download the GPS tracks or use the electronic Roll-Chart to navigate.
- You ride with whom you wish. We ask that you check out before you leave in the morning on the check-out sheet. Check-in on the same sheet when you return.
- Ride with GPS club membership is included with your entry.
- WE WORK TO MINIMIZE PAVEMENT MILEAGE, maximize scenery and fun, and generally only use paved roads as necessary to tie dirt together and access amenities.
- Any motorcycle event comes down to the rider’s skill level and the type of tires installed.
- If you have the wrong tires your skill level won’t really matter, you’ll struggle regardless. We suggest starting with a new front knobby and a hybrid knobby rear tire.
- The Las Vegas 300 is a “low-key, high adventure, no hassle” self-guided tour, using GPS Tracks or a GPS Track Cue Sheet roll chart to navigate an unmarked route.
- GPS Tracks maps and Que sheets will be emailed before the ride.
Q: WHO IS INVITED:
Any Competent Rider with a street legal Dual Sport, plated dirt bike or Adventure Motorcycle.
Club Motorcycle ride on the Las Vegas Valley Loop.
November 20 -23 2020. Camping set-up starts Friday Nov 20. The Las Vegas 300 is Saturday Nov 21 & Sunday Nov 22.
- Pahrump Nugget
- 681 NV-160 Pahrump, NV 89048
Q: WHAT IS THE COST?
$239.00 will include:
- 2 Day Dual Sport & ADV loop.
- GPS Tracks.
- Electronic Roll Chart for your phone.
- Poker Tournament Friday Night. $100 buy-in
- Discounted Lodging at Casinos in Pahrump and near Boulder City.
- Friday, Sat Night & Sunday Dinner
- Cash Bars
- Breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning.
- Exit Tours MC Club membership.
- Ride with GPS Club Membership
- Free Coffee.
- Finisher pin.
- Hand Washing Stations
- Local support.
- Trailer hook-ups available at the Lakeside casino and RV Park
- Tent & Truck Camping available at the Water Rock Ranch
Q.WHEN DO THINGS START?
Sign-in opens at 3 PM – 9 PM Friday.
Saturday Sign-in Opens @ 6 AM
- Sign the release, pick up your rider packet.
- We will have emailed GPS tracks and maps.
- We will have an included Dinner and $100 Buy-in poker Tournament Friday evening.
- Riders meeting Saturday – Sunday morning at 7 & 8 and 9 am.
- You only need attend one meeting each morning.
Q: DO I HAVE TO BE A CLUB MEMBER?
Yes. Membership is included with your entry.
- There is no qualifying or probation period to become an Exit Tours Motorcycle Club member and there are no required meetings or work days associated with your membership — just sign-up and ride!
Q: WHAT KIND OF HAZARDS EXIST?
Hazards do exist on our routes: Such as downed trees, washouts, rocks, etc. and will NOT be marked in any fashion.
- All routes are publicly-accessible, so you may encounter other riders and traffic.
- Riders need to use caution and common sense at all times and stay to the right when possible.
- Particularly around blind turns.
- Remember vehicles heading uphill have the right-of-way.
Q: WHAT TYPE OF MOTORCYCLE SHOULD I RIDE?
- Factory off road orientated Dual Sport, plated Off-Road Motorcycles or Adventure bikes will work best.
- You should have current registration for your bike, proof of insurance.
- A GPS Unit or compatible cell phone is required to navigate the routes. Or ride with someone you trust.
Q: HOW LONG IS EACH DAY’S RIDE?
- Ride length varies from around 140 miles.
- There are options to jump on the pavement on the route and head back.
- These options can be clearly marked on the ride map which is not suitable for trail navigation.
Q: FUEL RANGE AND FUEL STOPS?
- Approximately 80 miles between fuel stops.
- Fuel is available for purchase at gas stations along every route.
- We suggest you carry an Aluminum water bottle for fuel if you don’t have a big tank.
Q: WHY ARE YOU GUYS DOING THIS?
- The time is right before we’re all too old to pull something like this off. Covid Panic or not, Lets do it.
Q: CAN I BRING MY FAMILY?
- You can certainly bring your family for a Las Vegas and Pahrump vacation.
Q: HOW SHOULD I SET UP MY MOTORCYCLE?
Well, there are quite a few rocks.
- Jetting for altitude or riding something with EFI.
- We would recommend a knobby front and a hybrid knobby rear.
- Checking your air pressure once you get here.
- Running tire air pressure little higher than normal.
- Skid plate.
- Disc guards.
- Hand guards.
- Distance between gas stops is not expected to be much more than 80 miles.
On ADV bikes aggressive tires are a good idea.
SEE THIS LINK FOR RIDE PREP
Q: HOW CAN I GET TO THE START AT THE PAHRUMP NUGGET?
- You can tent camp or stay in an RV or stay at the Pahrump Nugget Casino & Hotel and ride your motorcycle from the Nugget.
- Drive your truck and trailer to the Pahrump Nugget and unload there in the morning.
- Leave your truck & trailer at the Pahrump Nugget if you choose to stay elsewhere. Ride your motorcycle to your lodging and back to the Pahrump Nugget.
Q: WHERE DO WE MEET ?
- Please check-in Friday and pick up your ride package.
- We will meet for a riders meeting at 7 am, 8 am & 9 am Saturday & Sunday mornings under the Acerbis EZ-Ups in the parking lot.
- The Included Breakfast & free coffee will be available both Saturday & Sunday.
- Dinner will be available Friday & Saturday and Sunday.
- Directions to Dinner & Breakfast will be available under the Acerbis EZ-Ups
- Please check-in in the mornings before you leave so we know you are on the trail.
Q: WHAT HAPPENS AT THE DAYS FINISH?
- Please check-in at the Railroad Pass Casino when you finish, so we know you are in.
- Park your Bike, check into your room and come back and hang out, and enjoy dinner, the Casino and an adult beverage and the camaraderie of like-minded enthusiasts..
- **IMPORTANT** Please check-out on the sign-out sheet before you leave in the morning and check back-in when you finish.
- Pick up your participant pin when you check-out/sign-out at the finish on Sunday at the Pahrump Nugget.
Q: HOW DO I NAVIGATE THE ROUTE?
- This is not a guided tour; you will navigate by following GPS Tracks or a Electronic Roll Chart from the GPS Que sheet. Pre-printed maps not suitable for navigation are available for you to print to give you a general idea of the route.
- Maps are not suitable for navigation. Ride with someone you trust that is familiar with GPS .
- We suggest having your own GPS Unit or a compatible phone and odometer.
NAVIGATION LINK HERE: https://advtours.com/navigation-safety/
Q: WHAT IS THE BUDDY SYSTEM?
- It is what can save your life! If you were riding alone and got off the route and then got hurt, you may not be missed until the end of the day.
- For this reason we must insist that riders use the buddy system.
- Obviously 2 (or 3) riders that enter together will be buddies (4 or more should split into pairs).
- Team up with others and watch out for each other.
BUDDY RIDING PROTOCOL –
- Don’t lose sight of your buddy
- Don’t make a major turn unless you know your buddy will also
- If buddies get separated, both go back to the last place they saw each other
Q: WHAT IF I ENTER ALONE?
We prefer that you enter with at least one friend but if you do come alone, we will have a sign up sheet where you can write your cell number if you haven’t found a buddy before the ride. You should pair with another rider as your buddy. Buddies may be changed after the 1st day if not well matched. .
Q: WHAT MODEL BIKE IS BEST?
- Riders should be happy with XR250s through 690 KTM’s to 1250 BMWs.
- We Do NOT suggest small factory dual sports < 250cc.
- The prime considerations are comfort and reliability.
Q: WHAT ABOUT SPARE PARTS?
You should bring a reasonable amount of spare parts (like a pre-oiled air filter). We will have spare front and rear tires for sale in case someone destroys one, but most people should be able to complete the ride without changing tires.
Q: DO I NEED ANY SPECIAL EQUIPMENT TO NAVIGATE?
You should have a GPS unit or a compatible phone and an odometer.
NAVIGATION LINK HERE: https://advtours.com/navigation-safety/
Q: WHO SERVICES MY BIKE?
- You should be able to fix your own flats on the trail and service your bike at the end of the day.
- Every rider should carry a spare tube (front works in rear); tire irons, hand pump, and/or air bottles.
- You must be able to fix your bike on the trail or be towed by your buddy to a Highway where you can be picked up.
- You should be able to tow your buddy if he cannot fix his bike.
- Every rider should carry a tow strap.
Q: IS IT IMPORTANT TO CARRY A CELL PHONE?
- Yes, it’s important to carry your cell phone.
- We highly recommend the use of a satellite-operated tracking and rescue device such as a SPOT – since you will often be out of cell phone range.
- A Spot Find-me is an inexpensive investment that can save your life.
Q: DOES THE RIDE INCLUDE ANY HEALTHCARE COVERAGE?
No, it does not. We highly recommend you obtain appropriate healthcare insurance before participating in any rides.
Q: WILL THERE BE OUTRIDERS?
- There may be Outriders on Saturday & Sunday . If you need a shortcut to the finish or have questions along the way. Outriders will ‘Point’ the way.
- But they should NOT be considered “sweep” riders: They are not medics, will not be available to fix bikes or change flats, nor will they have extra parts.
- If you get stranded on any loop, we will of course do whatever we can to bail you out.
Q: WHAT IS THE REFUND POLICY?
If you withdraw your participation before a Ride :
- 90 days or more in advance you will receive a 100% refund less PayPal fees.
- If you withdraw with-in 90 days of a ride your payment for shared group expense amenities will be forfeited or MAY be transferred to another rider.
- A $20 Fee @ Sign-In will be required for Rider Changes
- There will be No Refund with-in 90 Days of the ride.
If Exit Tours Motorcycle Club cancels a ride we will make all attempts to provide an equivalent ride on an alternate date. If we do this then your prepaid shared group expense payment may be transferred to the new ride date, or if you cannot attend the new date, a 100% refund for shared group expenses will apply less PayPal Fees.
Our rides are all-weather. If two or more riders participate the ride will not be cancelled, regardless of weather conditions, and refunds will not be given for shared group expense amenities. Nor will they be transferred to another ride or rider.
Q: WHERE WILL I GET GAS and WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- You will need Cash or a CC to buy your gas at the gas stations and meals on the loops\
- Q: WHERE IS THE DELIGHT’s HOT SPRINGS ?
- 368 Tecopa Hot Springs Road
- Tecopa, California 92389 USA
- [email protected]
Monday we will head to Delights’s Hot Springs, ride a GPS route of about 45 miles to a very cool old Mine with fantastic views, then enjoy the Hot Springs Monday Night.
Old School Honda ADV Rider
Exit Tours Motorcycle Club rides are not competitions, nor are trophies awarded.
All participants are on their own, riding at their own pace, at their own risk, and always have the option to follow the designated route or to follow another route of their choosing.